How To Make Realistic Shadows in Photoshop [Technique That You Probably Don't Know]

 

After Watching Video , Get Amazing Photoshop tricks

" Be professional within hours "

( Click Here )

in this video'm going to show you how , to create realistic shadows in Photo shop ,  ,  hi welcome back tithe , photoshoptrainingchannel.com , I'm Mrs. Ramirez in this video I'm going , to show you an amazing way of creating , realistic complex cash shadows in , Phototypesetting shadows right is , really important in compositing because , when you get them right , your whole composite looks more cohesive , your subject fits better within the , scene and everything just works out so , much better the difficult part is , getting the right shape in perspective , of the shadows bu tin your scene most of , the techniques that I'vie seen involves , some sort of layered transformation in , other words you're distorting pixels to , try to get the right shape in the right , perspective and this can become really , difficult with complex objects and this , is what this tutorial is all about how , to create realistic shadow sand keep the , right shape in the right perspective and , we're going to sweatshop D features , for that'm going to show you advanced , techniques but don't let that scare you , I'm going to divide up this tutorial , into small digestible chunks so that you , can follow along even if you're a , Photo shop beginner or if you're new to , photo shop stability features feel free , to use any composite to follow along the , images are not that important okay let's , get started before we dive into the D , portion of this tutorial I'm going to , show you how most people create shadows , in Photo shop is not necessarily a bad , technique but I'gonna show you why , it's more difficult to do it that way , and that way you can compare with the , actual technique of this tutorial so I'm , not gonna spend too much time on that so , we have aback ground and this foreground , element which ISS horse is a very , simple composite and usually to create , shadows you would simply double click on , the side of the layer that brings up the , layer style dialog box and you can click , on drop shadow and that of course , creates a drop shadow based on the shape , of that layer in this case the shape of , the horse then you would just simply , press OK and then right click on this FX , icon and select create layer that , creates layers based on your layer , styles in this case we only have one , layer style the drop shadow and that's , we have horses drop shadow and I can , click and drag that around and place it , anywhere this is an actual pixel layer , so we can do anything that we want to it , for example transform it you can press , ctr T command T on the Mac to transform , right click and select distort and at , this point you would just distort the , shadow so that it matches your scene as , you can see this is a very powerful , technique the downside is that there's a , lot of manual labor involved and you , ha veto really match that shadow on to , the ground and I'm trying to match the , perspective of the ground plane where , this horse is sitting so that can , match the shadow or so that that shadow , can look realistic and in this case it's , not looking realistic because the face , is facing the wrong way so I would right , click and select flip vertical and now , the face is facing the right way but now , the perspective is off so you can see , that there's a lot of fine-tuning that , you need to do if you're gonna use this , technique again there's nothing wrong , wit hit but in my opinion it could take , a while to get the shadow looking , realistic and even though this looks , there's another method that want to , show you that actually helps things look , even more realistic so what I'going to , do is I'm just gonna click and drag this , layer on to the trash icon and we're , gonna work weatherstrip , D feature so I'm going to click on the , horse layer then I'm going to duplicate , it by pressing ctr J command J on the , Mac this will become a D layer and it , will be destructive effect so you , always want to keep a layer with the , original content so on this horse copy , I'm going to double click on the name , and rename it shadow then I'm gonna go , into D new extrusion from selected , layer and by the way if your menus , create out it's probably because your , computer does not meet the minimum , requirement for Photo shop D if you , don't know what the minimum requirements , are then don't worry'm gonna place a , link down below in the description that , will link to Adobe's website so that you , can see what those requirements are but , anyway this is going to make that layer , into a D model the best way of thinking , about how Photo shop creates to be the , object sis to think about a dough cutter , or a , cookie-cutter in Photo shop D objects , are created by being extruded into the , z-axis so you take a shape and push , it back into the-axis to create a D , object much like pushing play-do , through a dough cutter in this case we , extruded the shape of the horse if you , want to know more about D I have a , whole bunch of D tutorials that you can , watch I'll place a link to the playlist , right below in the description so I'm , not gonna spend too much time explaining , how Photo shop D works I'm only going to , explain the tools that are relevant to , this tutorial the first thing that you , ha veto realize with D is that the , canvas is actually a camera and this is , what the camera sees on the bottom left , we have three icons that control the , camera notice that when I click and drag , on the far left icon the orbited camera , icon I can orbit around this D layer , see that see how that horse is now an , extrusion of that shape'm going to , undo that just so we can get back the , default camera and then the D model has , these icons that we could use to rotate , move or scale the D object notice that , if I move they'd object high up I can , move it back down on tithe ground plane , by going into the properties panel and , under coordinates select move to ground , this places the D object on the ground , plane the ground plane is this grid that , you see here the ground plane also , interacts with the lights in the scene , notice how the ground plane is catching , this shadow so we're gonna use that , ground plane and match it to the ground , of the image so that we can cast a , shadow onto it and in order to do that , we need to make sure that we have the , right perspective in the scene I have a , tutorial all about perspective I highly , recommend watching it if you're into , compositing so I'Mont gonna go into too , much detail he rebut when you composite , images together you have to make sure , that the perspective matches the best , way of doing that is to make sure that , the horizon line of both the background , and your foreground elements mat chin , thirsted scene you can see these lines , here , all these lines meet up on the horizon , line which is represented by this line , going across the campus so if I match , the D scenes horizon line with the , photo we should have an image that , matches in perspective so I'm going to , undo all these movements just so that I , can go back into the original , perspective of the scene and I'm just , going to click and drag the orbit D , camera icon to rotate the camera and I'm , trying to match the horizon line to the , horizon line of the background and , basically what I'm doing is just looking , at these converging lines in the scene , all these line sand trying to estimate , where they meet another way of thinking , about Otis where there's a ground plane , meet this guy and I'm making an , assumption Think it's right about here , and just from experience I'm probably , right if you don't know what Just said , and what that means again highly , recommend watching that video on , perspective or Explained it step by , step , but anyway make sure that you match the , horizon line of your scene to the , horizon line of your background and , again just to drive the point further , I'm gonna try to match this blue line to , the line on the street even though I , don'really ha veto just so that you , can see that that's what'm doing , notice that as I match this blue line , here on my ground plane to the white , line on the street I get a perspective , that more or less matches and again I , don'thieve to be too precise and that's , OK then I can move the horse so that it , matches horse in the composite and I'm , using the pointy icons here to move in , TeX-axis and I can move the min the , different axis if I need to but that's , gonna be OK , also notice how far the horse was , extruded we don't need the horse to be , extrude that far so I'm going to click , on this shadow element here , that's our D model then click on this , icon which is the mesh and then can , change the extrusion depth so that it's , not so thickos then you can adjust the , thickness of that horse in that , thickness seems to work then can click , on the infinite light which controls the , light of this scene and I can use this , overlay and click and drag on it to , adjust the lighting also when I adjust , the lighting , watch what happens tithe shadow on the , ground plane the shadow down here see , how the shadow is interacting with the , ground plane and the background I'm not , really concerned with a D model I'm , only concerned with the shadow so now I , can just match the shadow of the scene , and create a much more realistic horse , shadow than what I did with the layer , styles so it'll give me a much more , realistic result so in this case I could , look at the shadows of the other , elements of the scene and try to match , it so I can just place the shadow , anywhere I want and even though this is , not exactly realistic the light is , really not coming from this angle it , does a really good job representing how , this technique works also I'm noticing , that the models still a little too , thick sou'm going to click on the , shadow object which is AD mod eland , reduce the thickness even more so I have , it here at about pixels and then I'm , going to click on the infinite light , once again and I can also increase the , softness so notice how Icahn increase , how blurry that shadow is so you can , adjust that as well the one thing that , you will notice is that the shadow will , be noisy that's because it has not been , rendered so when you're working with D , you need to render anything you putout , so you can click on the marquee tool , make as election around your shadow and , then click on the render button this may , take while depending on the speed of , your computer in my case it's gonna be , fairly quickly it's gonna be about , seconds also when you're rendering if , you see that the render is not looking , the way that you want you can just stop , the render or cancel the render by , pressing the Escape key on the keyboard , and that stops that render and when you , stop the render you can actually use it , if you want to and that'SWAT I'going , to do I'm going to use it for this , example so I'm just gonna go back into , the layers pan eland since I'm happy , with this shadow I'm just going to , pasteurized and make it into regular , pixel layer so I'm gonna right click on , that layer and select pasteurized so , that will make it into regular pixel , layer it's no longer a D model and I'm , gonna place that shadow below the horse , then I'm going to press V on the , keyboard to select the move tool and I'm , gonna click and drag and position that , shadow accordingly can even use the , arrow keys in the keyboard to move that , around and the only thing I'm concerned , about is the shadow I'm not looking at , anything else so that shadow looks , pretty good there and I'm going to hold , alt option on the Mac and click on the , layer mask icon if you do that you'll , create a mask which is completely black , instead of white what that means is that , this mask is now hiding every pixel in , this layer then I'm going to click on , the brush tool and'm going to paint , with white what is it white is my , foreground color and I'm just going to , paint on that layer mask to reveal that , shadow like so I'going to zoom in , there's a small problem he rebut that's , easy to fix I can just select the move , tool move the shadow so that we don't , have those edges in this area we do have , edges but that'soak I'm just gonna use , just hack here I'gonna use this much , tool and I'm gonna smudge those pixels , and make sure that the focus the white , outline is on the layer thumbnail and , not on the layer mask thumbnail and then , you can just push those pixels Inuit's a , quick little hack there for you also , notice that sample all layers is not , checked if it ISO will also affect the , actual horse so make sure you disable , that when you do this , so I'm going Togo back and select the , brush tool select the layer mask and , then paint with white in this area to , reveal the shadow behind the foot there , I'm going to double click on the hand , tool to put the image to screen and as , you can see we have a very realistic , shad owlet me know in the comments that , you pl anon using this technique you can , simply type yes I will or no I won't and , if you like let me know why and if you , do this site or create something using , the techniques in this tutorial then , feel free to share it on Instagram with , the handicapped Vidal's don'forget , to click on that subscribe and , notification buttons and if you want to , learn more editorship D then check , out my photo shop playlist here on , YouTube thank you so much for watching , and I will talk to you again in the next , tutorial  

Subscribe to get more videos :

Friend Links

 

Learn Photoshop Tricks

BACKLINKS' STRATEGIC SECRETS

Affiliate Marketing Videos

Dogs Training Best Videos

T-shirt Making Money

Email Marketing Secrets

Video For Themes

Make Money Secrets

Vitiligo Treatment

Marketing Videos