Inverting Luminosity WITHOUT Affecting Color in Photoshop

 

After Watching Video , Get Amazing Photoshop tricks

" Be professional within hours "

( Click Here )

 ,  hi welcome back tithe , photoshoptrainingchannel.com , I'm Mrs. Ramirez in this video'm going , to show you how to invert luminosity , without affecting color in a photo this , was question submitted by user named , Jonathan and thought that it would , make great tutorial in fact'm gonna , start doing that more often'm gonna , take your interesting and challenging , questions and make tutorials out of them , the goal is to make tutorials that you , really would't see anywhere Elsie'm , actually starting playlist on my , YouTube channel it's called new , Photo shop techniques from your questions , I'll place a link to that playlist right , below in the description right now , you'll only see two tutorials this one , and one that'vie do neon detail masking , which is a question that I received , while giving a live presentation and you , can see part of my life presentation in , that video as well but what I'morally , trying to do is come up with tutorials , that you won't see anywhere else and it , also helps solve interesting and , challenging questions so feel free to , post your interesting challenging , questions in the comments you can email , me or on social media obviously I won't , be able to get to all of them but I'll , try to do as many as I can so keep that , playlist in mind because that's where , I'gonna place all these types of , videos anyway let's get started with , this tutorial , so the question basically was how can we , invert luminosity without affecting , color first let's take look at what , inverting does so you can invert an , image by simply pressing ctr I command , I on the Mac and the image invert snow , that is a destructive effect if you want , to invert non-destructively , you can create a invert adjustment layer , and that inverts all the color sand , luminosity but of course the question , was I only want to invert luminosity so , the shadows and highlights but leave the , color alone how can you do that well I , thought of two ways of tackling that , problem number one is by creating a , curves adjustment layer with the curves , adjustment layer we can click on the , black point and drag it all the way to , the top and then click on the white , point and drag it all the way to the , bottom that gives us the same effect as , inverting the image , but again the problem is if we want to , only affect luminosity and the way that , we can do that is by using blending , mode so if I click on the blending mode , drop-down and select the luminosity , blending mode you'll see that will keep , the original colors but we only invert , luminosity so that's how you can invert , luminosity without affecting color by , the way if you're not familiar with , blending modes then I have a video that , covers every single blending mode and , what it does so I highly recommend , watching it if you're new to blending , modes'll place a link to that tutorial , right below in the description the , second technique that Acme up with to , solve this problem was to use a , different color mode so let me delete , the adjustment layer and I'm gonna go , into image mode and select the LAV color , mode I'm not going to merge so now we're , working on the LAV color mode we're no , longer working withering and Theiler , color mode gives us different channels , we have the lightness channel which , controls luminosity the a channel in the , Channel if you want to learn more , about how the la B color mode works then , watch my video Photocopy tips and , tricks for photographers explained how , the LA B color mode works in that video , so check it out'll place a link right , below in the description in case you're , interested but anyway in this case we , can select the lightness channel which , again is the luminosity and simply press , ctr I command I to invert that inverts , the luminosity but the color information , the a and Channel is unaffected so , when we go back into the layers panel , you'll see exactly the same result that , we had with the curves adjustment layer , but anyway I hope that you enjoy this , tutorial if you're new tithe Photo shop , training channel then don'forget to , click on that subscribe and notification , buttons leave your questions down in the , comments below and I will see you at the , next tutorial  

Subscribe to get more videos :

Friend Links

 

Learn Photoshop Tricks

BACKLINKS' STRATEGIC SECRETS

Affiliate Marketing Videos

Dogs Training Best Videos

T-shirt Making Money

Email Marketing Secrets

Video For Themes

Make Money Secrets

Vitiligo Treatment

Marketing Videos